Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011: A Year In Review

2011 was a pretty good year from what I can remember. Every year, I can never remember what the heck I did in the beginning, before July. After my birthday, July 2, I remember everything. I must take more photos then. Anyway, here are some photos from 2011. Happy New Year!


Warped Tour '11:  July 23. Saw a ton of bands, Every Avenue (pictured above) and even met some band members, like Juliet Simms of Automatic Loveletter. She's the lead singer of the band and I've met her and the rest of the band at Warped Tour '10. That year she gave me a hug; this year, no hug. But I still love her. I look horrible here but it was literally in the high 90's that day (yes, NY does get hot days!). It was around 5 pm when I met her that day, so by that time I was sweating and wasn't looking my best.

Made a ton of jewelry this summer and started selling them online.

Went to Maryland and VA this summer. My parents and I went to my cousin's house for a day to visit her, her 4 year old daughter, and my dad's brother and sister in law/my aunt and uncle. I don't see her often; I think this is the 4th time meeting her? We don't talk much, even though she's only 3 years older than me. I ended up playing with her daughter, Haeley, and to be honest I didn't really want to, but that's another story. Anyway, that day was a few days after/before my cousin's birthday and my birthday was way before that, July 2. So my aunt got a birthday cake and flowers for us. Really, she didn't want me to feel alone. Again, I look horrible (I'm on the right). I wasn't ready for a picture that day.

Went to FBR's 15th anniversary show in NYC in September. Saw The Academy Is... (all time favorite band) and VersaEmerge (another favorite band). This is the last The Academy Is... show before they broke up, a few weeks later. So this was my last show of theirs. It's very bittersweet.

Went with my friends, Sami and Katie, to see my favorite band There For Tomorrow back in October. They were playing on The Noise Tour with Sparks The Rescue, Mayday Parade, and a few other bands. I also met the lead singer of There For Tomorrow, Maika, and the drummer of the same band, Chris (pictured above). I'm on the left and once again, I look horrible (like I do in every picture. Which is why you'll rarely see pictures of me on here). Anyway, I had a great night with my friends, just hanging out, talking, having dinner, etc. Katie drove all of us (I don't drive), so it was nice not having my parents around or anything. The only downfall to this whole night was, the place was way too small for a show like this. There was no room to move and I couldn't enjoy seeing There For Tomorrow, which is why I don't have pictures from the show. Which I like because they're my memories.

Went to Brooklyn in November to a store that I discovered in VA over the summer. It's called Paper Source; they have stationary, stamps, and little gifts there. I love that store and could easily spend $100, which I did in VA. Anyway, after lunch, we went into this other store that had little gifts as well. While I was there I picked up this book of "Where's Waldo?" postcards.

And that's basically it, photo wise. But here are some other things I did this year and other things that happened.


  1. I experienced my first earthquake. 
  2. I also experienced my first hurricane. It wasn't much of a hurricane for NYC but school was closed the next day.
  3. Back in January we had a lot of snow. The total at the end of the month was 2 feet of snow!
  4. Celebrated my 20th birthday in July.
  5. Celebrated my music blog's 2 anniversary in May. I can't believe how far I've come with that thing and I'll continue to work on it until I'm old and have gray hair.
  6. Started my own Storenvy site to sell my jewelry. 
  7. Got a C+ in business.
  8. Had to put up with some idiots in Anthropology and got a B+. 
  9. Got a new bed with storage underneath.
  10. Started pen paling. I'm so glad I started doing it, I love it.
And that's it! Happy New Year! 

Have a lovely day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...