A picture of my neighbors tree. I took this in 2010, so I'll have to take an updated photo soon. But every spring it blossoms with these pretty pink blossoms and it's beautiful (until they all fall off).
In the winter, I'm not as happy and I have no inspiration whatsoever; I almost feel depressed. (Well, this winter was quite different though. I felt a bit better than I have other winters. It was unusually mild here in NY). But once spring rolls around, I have spring fever! I feel so much better, so much happier, full of life, and I'm inspired by everything. I mean, I want to do everything! I want to enjoy this beautiful weather as much as possible (and I trust me I try to do this everyday). I can't describe how spring makes me feel.
But aside from spring making me feel great, spring also inspires me to journal more, do more art, and make more changes in my life. So here are some of the changes I've been trying to do/plan on doing:
- Exercise more. I've going for walks every night and I've been trying to do jumping jacks every night (100 jumping jacks that is!).
- Update my wardrobe. I'm 20 going on 21 and my clothes just don't suit me anymore. I need to change up my whole wardrobe completely! I've been shopping at Urban & Outfitters, Forever 21, and Delia's. But Delia's is getting kind of young for me (even though their T-shirts are adorable) and the other two stores are nice but the shirts there....I don't know what's going on, but it seems the younger girls who wear these shirts (teens) like to dress like their going to a club or the beach, and that look is so not for me. So last weekend I decided to go look in Express and I loved it! It's definitely a store for someone like me, someone who's in their 20's, young, and not trying to look 35. So this weekend I'm going to Express to do some shopping. Little by little I will update my wardrobe. I can't wait!
- My career goals. As some of you may know, I want to go into the music business. But just in case this doesn't work out, I've gone back to my passion and old career idea of interior design/even planning. I love designing and putting together party plans and flower arrangements. And since it's spring, I get so inspired to design. I feel happy that I went back to my "roots" and I've decided to try to pursue design. I feel at ease now. I felt pressured to go into baking and like I said I feel at ease and my mind feels a lot better. I feel at home now (pun intended).
- Learn how to draw. In order for me to be an interior designer, I need to know how to draw. And I can't draw to save my life! So I will attempt it but I highly doubt I can do it.
- Not caring what others think. This is going to be such a challenge for me! I'm always worried what others think. I'm 100% self conscious about everything (ok, maybe not everything) I do in public. But I want to start to learn not to care (or to care less than I do now).
- Take more chances. I need to. I'm stuck in a rut and I'm not getting anywhere.
I have noticed a bit of change in myself. I noticed I'm more spiritual (another post for another time), I have more self awareness, and I'm learning to love myself more.
So that's about it! I will most likely add to this list though and I would like to complete all or most of these by the time spring or summer ends. I do realize the exercise goal won't be completed right away. And I may leave the drawing one for last (heck, I may not even complete at all).
Anyway, look for more spring related posts these next few weeks.
Have a lovely day/evening!