Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm Taking A Taxi To Kentucky



Going Away by Meg & Dia

Ok, so I'm not really going to Kentucky (it's a line from the song posted above). But I am going away to Vermont from late June to early July and possibly Tennessee in late July/early August (or some other state).

Why am I taking all these trips? Well, my birthday is July 2 and I hate being home for my birthday. None of my friends are available, since it's the summer and the 4th of July, and well, I just don't want to sit home anymore. I want to go away for a short weekend on my birthday and I would love to do this every year. So I figured, let's go to Vermont! I've been to South Burlington before and I loved it (I also loved Florida but that's a 2 day trip). Anyway, I'm probably going to drive up with my parents on June 29th and leave to come home on July 3rd.
This is Lake Champlain and one of the many photos I took. Back in 2008, we stayed in South Burlington and our hotel was really close (maybe a 10 minute car drive) to the downtown area and Lake Champlain. 

And these are just some mountains over at Calvin Coolidge's house. I forget where this is exactly but isn't VT beautiful? That's why I love it there. 

Then in late July/early August, right before school starts back up, my parents and I are taking our regular summer vacation to some state, which will probably be Tennessee. Why Tennessee? Well, my aunt and uncle just moved there from D.C., so my parents and I figured why not kill two birds with one stone. Go visit another state and get off of the east coast (a bit) and go visit some family while we're at it.


For some reason, I can't convince them to travel further and go out to the west coast or to another country. Well, I'm not fond of flying; so another country, besides Canada, is out of the question (for now). I did mention Canada, but we need to get passports, or else we're living up there for the rest of our lives. Sounds nice, eh? I need to travel and get away more. I hate being in one place for to long. I start getting antsy and all.

So, if you've been to Tennessee and Vermont, let me know! I want to hear all about it. Especially TN; tell me the best places to go.

Have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...