Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blogtember: A Mistake

Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made. 

I actually don't remember my mistakes that clearly. I know I've made mistakes. Heck, I probably made many, but I don't remember them clearly. That's because after I make a mistake, I forget about it. I push them back in my mind. 

But I do remember spending $6,000 in two months in November 2012. You see, I got a debit card from TD bank. I was thrilled. Finally, I could buy whatever I wanted online or in store. I never really used it in the stores, mainly online. And that's what I did. Bought things from Etsy and sites like Groopdealz, Sassy Steals, and other daily deal sites. I bought concert tickets and then, due to rain, I didn't go. I bought makeup from Sephora and Urban Decay, I bought things for my fiance, I used it occasionally for restaurants, etc. I now wish I never went through all that money. I wish I saved some so I could use it now to buy things that I really need and to put some aside for a future apartment for my fiance and I. I could really use that money right now. But I was careless and I learned a very important lesson. Never go through a big chunk of money in two months. You never what you'll need it for in the future. 

xx Courtney  

5 comments:

  1. I did the same thing years ago, and I still regret it a bit, but what can I do? I learned from it (hopefully) and I don't think I will even have that much money at once again for a long time, so I am not too worried about doing it again. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you have a wonderful blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back!
    my Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3831938/love-joice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes , it's too sad to hear . Speanding money is easy but earning it? TOO HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, You have a cute blog!...stopping by and following you through blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Courtney. I'm stopping in from "No Rules Weekend Blog Party". You're young. You'll learn a lot of lessons over the years...its a part of life. If you have limited funds, debit/credit cards are not usually the best choice. It gives the false impression that funds are endless. For internet use, we have a prepaid money card. Good, but hard lesson learned...thanks for sharing!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage (http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...