Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Worst Date


Ok, so none of that happened above, but the first date that I ever went on was really bad. This date happened before I met my fiance. This guy and I started talking online and then he asked me out. He took me out to eat and to a movie. We saw Wreck It Ralph, which was perfectly fine with me because I love Pixar films and I wanted to see that movie anyway. 

Here's where it started getting bad. I was checking my phone constantly during the date, that's how extremely boring he was and how bad it was. He was much better online than in person. Instead of eating at a nice restaurant, he took me to a diner. A diner! I HATE diners with a passion. I think the food is terrible, I rather eat at McDonalds. Anyway, I put up with the diner. So, I'm sitting there looking at the menu, awkward silence in the air, and we order. I order a pasta dish and he orders chicken fingers. Are you kidding me? I thought he was going to order pasta at least, but chicken fingers, really? This is our first date, you want to impress me right? Chicken fingers, just doesn't cut it. He told me he was a picky eater. Bottom line, the conversation was terrible. I can't even put in to words how boring he was and the conversation was. He never even tried to kiss me at the end of the date. At the end, he gave me this awkward hug. He never even complimented me that night on how I looked. After that date, I never called him back and things ended there. There was no connection, no chemistry, I couldn't see myself with him, and I'm just glad it never went any further. 

xx Courtney 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on many 'dates' Most of my boyfriends have been friends just turning into boyfriends so there was not really any awkward dates. My current man was a blind date but it actually was pretty fabulous and totally low key, and here we are 7 years later :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...