Sunday, February 12, 2012

In The Kitchen

I forgot to post this a few weeks ago, so here's a belated "In The Kitchen".

As some of you may know, I LOVE to bake. That's all I do; it's my specialty. But I know when I move out on my own one day and start a family, we can't just eat baked good everyday and I kind of want to know how to cook. I mean, unless I marry a chef, I'll probably doing the cooking. And, let's just say, I can't cook to save to my life. Actually, I lied. I can only make pasta dishes, but I can't be eating that 24/7. And to be honest, I just don't know how to cook, I have no patience to do so. Which is why I dread it. Oh, and I also have this problem with reading the recipe at times (long story). You see, baking is simple. You mix everything together, throw it in a dish or form the dough into balls, throw it into the oven, clean up, and sit back and wait for it to be done. Cooking on the other hand, not so simple.

So this year, I want to try my hand at cooking. My parents are fine with it. Whatever night of the week I want cook, they let me. Usually, I'm in the mood to do any type of cooking on Friday's. So guess I'm doing tonight? Cooking! More specifically Easy Penne Pasta with Zucchini and Basil Pesto and Zucchini Chips. Those two dishes are really easy, which is why I don't mind making it myself. I've made the pasta dish and the chips before and they turned out great. And lately I've been on a zucchini kick.


Zucchini Chips with breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and some pepper and garlic. Ok, so I made a mistake making the dry ingredients and I had to start over. Other than that, they turned out great.


Penne, zucchini, and basil pesto. Got a little stressed out in the beginning because my parents decided to come in and bombard me with questions and I almost burned myself on the oil. Other than that, it turned out pretty good.

I don't think I'll ever cook again. It's way to stressful for me and if I do ever do cook again, it'll be next month.  Cooking isn't my forte and I'll stick to baking.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...