Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things Are Looking Up

Looking Up by Paramore


"Honestly, can you believe we crossed the world while it's asleep? I'd never trade it in 'cause I've always wanted this and it's not a dream anymore. No, it's not a dream anymore. It's worth fighting for. Could have given up so easily...."


As some of you may know, I run a music blog called The Jukebox. I've been running it on Tumblr since May 2009 and I've made quite a lot of progress, some new friends, and slowly it's becoming a huge success. Anyway, this morning I go onto Facebook (like I always do) to check the fan page for that blog. And I see that a band tagged the fan page in a post. Now, for some reason Facebook hides these posts and I like them to be on the wall. And Facebook also doesn't like to tell me when a fan posts a comment on the wall either. So, I end up going to the "un-hide posts" section of the page and un-hiding them. As I was un-hiding the tagged post, I also see a comment from a fan. This comment was written on Dec. 29th and it made my morning. It really was a nice comment. He's been a fan for a while now and to see that he appreciates what I do, really means a lot to me.

"Could have given up so easily". Yes, yes I could have, but I didn't and I don't plan on doing so yet. I sometimes get down about that blog and I think of deleting it. But I don't, I just keep working at it. Because one day it's going to become a even bigger success, than it already is.

Anyway, after that I was looking at all the other comments I've received over the past 2 years and they're all really touching. And I'm grateful to be able to do this.

Have a lovely day!

PS. Another post will be up tomorrow entitled "It's The Little Things That Matter". That will feature some of the comments from The Jukebox and other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...