Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogtember: Afraid

Another beautiful day here in NYC. Low humidity, in the 70's, sunny and blue sky, and it's Friday (yay!). Anyway onto today's prompt. 




A story about a time you were very afraid.

I don't feel like going into all the details again, since I already wrote about it once (you can read it here), but it was the time I was sexually assaulted. It was back in September 2010. I was trembling after the incident. I rushed back to my college campus, called my mom who was out to lunch with her co-worker, called my dad after, stayed in the humanities building until my next class, never reported him to the campus police (now I wish I did), and for the rest of the school year and into the next one, I had my guard up, my heart always pumped faster when I saw him (he even had the nerve to say hi to me one day in the cafeteria), I "ran" away whenever I saw him in the distance, and I stayed indoors (in the library mainly), until I felt comfortable at the college again. 

But I'm much stronger now. I'm engaged to a wonderful man who loves me and cares for me unconditionally and who understand what I went through. 

xoxo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...