Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogtember: Things I've Learned

Today's such a lovely and beautiful day here in NYC. 78 degrees, sunny, a beautiful breeze, and low humidity. This past August wad beautiful, not too hot and humid and September's turning out beautiful too so far. Let's see what the rest of the month brings. 

Anyway, today's prompt for Blogtember is: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 



I've learned many things throughout my 22 years of living. I've learned it's ok if you're different, no one is worried about what you're doing; they're worried about themselves. Time is a cure for everything and will take care of things, don't worry! Take some time to smell the roses and to enjoy life. It's ok to say no every now and then. Communication is key in a relationship (my fiance and I are still working on that). Do what you love and dream big. Follow your dreams, no matter how big or small they are (unless your dream is to do something illegal, then you need to tone it down and not follow it). Anyone can be a singer (apparently; have you heard today's pop music?). Speak up and tell someone if some jerk of guy (I'm being nice when I say jerk) sexually assaults you (it's happened to me, I wrote about my experience here). Not all guys are jerks and pigs. Don't get a debit card and go through $6,000 in 2 months. 

I've learned a lot more in my life, but those are the most important things and I live by a lot of these everyday. 

xoxo Courtney 



2 comments:

  1. The 'no one is worried about what you're doing' is one that took me a while to figure out but I especially love the one you highlighted, that everything will be okay. I used to worry a lot, to the point where it impacted me physically with anxiety attacks and grinding my teeth at night. Over time I've come to take the advice of Richard Carlson and his tiny but well written book, "Don't sweat the small stuff: and it's all small stuff." Now I don't have those attacks and rarely grind my teeth. I just realized that all will be well in the end. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Everything will be OK! :)

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...