Saturday, May 10, 2014

Summer's In The Air


Summer! I absolutely love it. I'm quite happy right now, since spring and summer are my favorite seasons. Summer is the time of year where happiness is in the air. These next 3 days in NYC, it's going to be 80 degrees. That's unusually high for this time of year; it's usually in the 60's, but I'm not complaining. 

I love the end of spring and early June days. It's not too hot yet and the air is transitioning from cool to warm. A wonderful feeling. Those are the days where you can feel and smell the hint of summer in the air. I can't describe it, but on those days where summer's lingering, the air has this certain fragrance. I don't know what it is exactly, but I love it. 

Summer means it's the time to do anything and everything. To me, it means an array of things. My birthday (July 2), the beach (which I've grown to love), the park, warm breezes, picnics, outdoor fun, water balloon fights, summer clothing (which I love), great food, great company, outdoor concerts and great music, reading outside, freedom, tanning, air conditioner (I sleep with it on at night), long nights, fireworks, etc. I could go on forever. I don't know about you, but I practically live outside in the summer, unless it's really hot out. But even then I still go out to the beach or on my porch. 

The only thing I hate about it is the mosquitoes. I get bitten like you wouldn't believe. It's like they think I'm a delicious dessert. One summer, it was so bad here that I got 30 bites; that was torture. 

Once summer's over I do like the fall, but I get seasonal depression. I have no motivation to do anything once summer's over. Due to that, I'll probably move somewhere where it's warm all year around. 

What's your favorite season?

xx Courtney 

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately in Ireland Summer is still rainy and cold :( but I do look forward to my holidays :)
    have a lovely weekend

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...